Miocene palynology of the Solimões Formation (well 1-AS-105-AM), western Brazilian Amazonia SOM
datasetposted on 04.11.2020, 09:49 by Carlos Jaramillo
Datasets usually provide raw data for analysis. This raw data often comes in spreadsheet form, but can be any collection of data, on which analysis can be performed.
There are nine files including:
1) lineaire_1km.shp = shapefile for the main Amazon drainage, used in Fig. 1 (also includes .shx and .dbf files);2) R_scripts_105AM.R = R scripts for all analyses and figures in the paper;
3) rawCounts_105AM_affinityInfo.csv = list of botanical and ecological affinities of taxa;
4) rawCounts_105AM_counts_longFormat.csv = raw pollen counts from core 105AM;
5) rawCounts_105AM_samplesInfo.csv = metadata on pollen samples;
6) rawCounts_Holocene_AbsyBehling.csv = raw pollen counts from Holocene localities from Absy (1979) and Behling et al. (1999);
7) SDAR_beds_105AM.xlsx = stratigraphical data from core 105AM used for plotting column in Fig.1 with package SDAR (Ortiz and Jaramillo 2019);
8) SolimoesWells_Isopach_2020_04_24.csv = thickness data of the Miocene in the Solimões, Acre, and Marañon basins, from Silva-Caminha et al. (2020);
9) Vleeschouwer2017Data = paleotemperature data from De Vleeschouwer et al. (2017);
Absy, M.L. 1979. A palynological study of Holocene sediments in the Amazon Basin. Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Behling, H., Berrio, J.C., and Hooghiemstra, H. 1999. Late Quaternary pollen records from the middle Caquetá river basin in central Colombian Amazon. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 145: 193–213. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-0182(98)00105-9
De Vleeschouwer, D., Vahlenkamp, M., Crucifix, M. and Pälike, H. (2017) Alternating southern and northern hemisphere response to astronomical forcing during the past 35 million years. Geology, 45: 375–378. https://doi.org/10.1130/G38663.1
Ortiz, J. and Jaramillo, C. 2019. SDAR: Stratigraphic Data Analysis. R package version 0.9-3. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=SDAR.
Silva-Caminha, S.A.F., D’Apolito, C., Jaramillo, C., Espinosa, B. E., Rueda, M. 2020. Palynostratigraphy of the Ramon and Solim~oes formations in the Acre Basin, Brazil. Journal of South American Earth Sciences, 103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsames.2020.102720